Friday, April 26, 2013

Review Day: Unexpected

It's Review Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Title: Unexpected
Author: Faith Sullivan
My Rating: 5 stars!

Book Blurb:
September 11, 2001. A day that forever changes the destiny of college overachiever, Michelle Rhodes.

Shattered, confused and alone, no one understands the trauma consuming her until she meets Connor Donnelly. A native New Yorker, he believes he can aid in getting her life back on track. But what if he's even more broken inside? Offering her a chance at a fresh start, Connor convinces Michelle to move in with him. Hiring her to waitress at his bar, their mutual attraction only complicates matters. 

As more details surrounding Connor's past emerge, Michelle uncovers the full magnitude of the loss he's trying to hide. Refusing to let her feelings for him hinder his recovery, she makes a decision that winds up hurting them both. By sacrificing her heart, Michelle thinks she is helping Connor come to terms with his grief. Little does she know, Connor is gambling everything for the sake of having a future with her. 

What happens is truly unexpected.

My Review:
An incredible romance novel surrounded by the memories and heartbreaking stories from 9/11.  I absolutely love this novel.  The dynmaic created between Michelle and Connor is addictive, sweet and makes for one amazing novel.  I couldn't stop reading it after just the first couple pages.  Faith created a story filled with so much emotion and beauty it is incredible.

I was a little scared about reading this book at first but took a chance because it sounded good.  I'm extremely glad I did.  I thought the content might get too heavy, especially with the bulk being about 9/11, but it never did.  There were a few emotional parts that actually had me tearing up (I rarely cry at books...).  I felt so much of what the characters felt during the novel it was astounding.  I re-read the novel a second time just because I enjoyed it so much.  This contemporary romance needs to be a best-seller right now.  Faith, you have a serious talent for writing contemporary romance novels and I can't wait to read more of your work!

Get a copy of Unexpected on Amazon in Kindle ebook or paperback.  Happy Reading!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilary, you just made my day...my week...my year! I'm honored that you took the time to read my book.