Monday, January 28, 2013

Review Day: Gilded Wings (Book 2)

It's Review Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Title: Gilded Wings (Angel Chronicles Book 2)
Author: Amy Lignor
My Rating: 5 Stars!!

This review was a request by numerous people on Twitter and Facebook.  I reviewed the first book in the series - The Angel Chronicles Book 1 - and found this series to be the most incredible YA/romance/fantasy I have ever read.  I am completely in love with this series and cannot get enough of it!  Keep reading to see how book 2 compares to book 1.  I'm even proud to say that Amy Lignor follows my blog!!  She is such a sweetheart and I love working/chatting with her.

Book Blurb:
The Beloved Angel/Warrior Team from Until Next Time Returns!

When Matt and Emily are sent on their second mission they have no idea how truly dark human nature can become… 


Emily never wanted to face humans again. With the heartache that went on down below, she’s still trying to figure out how to save souls that don’t deserve saving. The only one she wants to see again is Jason - the young man she fell in love with who became the soulmate she simply can’t forget…


Matt was trained to protect and defend the souls down below. Longing to feel the heartfelt emotions that come from being human, Matt wants nothing more than to have just one life - one chance - to live and love the girl of his dreams…


The powerful team find themselves in a brand new century, living in the Gilded Age of New York City. Emily takes over the body of Anya, a young Russian girl who arrives on Ellis Island after a hideous tragedy. There she meets up with a strangely familiar young man by the name of Drew Parrish, who helps Anya survive in an unknown world of luxury, snobbery and…obsession.


What Anya’s inner angel doesn’t know is that the soul she loves is also back. This time around Jason goes by the name of Max Carrow. Once a quiet and kind boy, he’s now part of the ‘Four Hundred Club,’ and wants nothing more than to be among the most admired as he climbs the shaky ladder of society’s elite.


As two worlds merge, Emily and Matt struggle under the weight of their “Gilded Wings.” Not only will they have to figure out who they should fight to save, but they must also face a romantic choice that could destroy them both.


My Review:
She's done it again!  I didn't think I could love a book even more, but somehow I do.  This series has continued to blow me away with book 2.  I was so incredibly anxious to read book 2 that I was actually scared it wouldn't live up to my expectations.  It not only lived up to them, but blew them out of the water. I've read this book three times now, and won't be stopping there.  Every time I re-read the book, I find even more detail and tie-ins from book 1.  Book 1 and book 2 work together so seamlessly I didn't even feel the gap between reading them.  The details were perfect - Matt and Emily, the old friends from book 1 being "reborn" into the new book, the new challenges the team faced, and and so much more.

The best part about book 2 was the real-life history Amy chose to include and how it took place in New York City.  She laced the novel with so much history it felt as if the novel was real...again!  I can't explain how much I love these novels.  They bring me so much happiness every single time I read them.  I highly highly recommend these novels to everyone over the age of 16 (some slightly mature content).  It doesn't matter if you're a man, woman, young adult... you're going to love them!  The plot will keep you begging for more, you will fall in love with (or hate in some cases) the characters, and find that Amy wrote with such passion it hurts.  You won't be able to take your eyes away from these novels for even a second once you begin reading, and if you do... you won't stop thinking about them. <3  I don't think I need to tell you this but... this entire series so far is on my favs list and will never leave it.

Pick up a copy of Gilded Wings (Angel Chronicles Book 2) from...
Follow Amy and the Angels on their website, Twitter and Facebook.  Happy Review Day!

No comments: